Skip to main content

Production; The Art of Music

 Welcome back Gems, today we are diving in to why I should not be allowed to choose a song. 

 Do you all recall we I said I have a playlist dedicated to song I relate to? Then I say how to help we my final choice I used Wheel Decider to pick two songs . So let's start there from my journey on CapCut I used TikTok to add songs. From there I've learned only certain sound were allowed because of copyright. However that crisis was avoid as I used smaller clips of the music , also credit will be given to the artist. The songs I was going to used was Chaotic Tate McRae and The Archer Taylor Swift from her album 'Lover'. However after dealing with all of that I have decided to just use The Archer. This was the easiest route from me as a new editor but also the song just fits better in my opinion. That is not to say I don't like Chaotic I have much love for both of the songs. But honestly there needs to be a moment of silence of the lost for Chaotic. Look how pretty.



 With all of the hard musically decisions made I added the song to my edit (how I is refer to the commercial). Seems simply enough . It was not, first I found a clip I could you free of copyright, as I've previously stated.  Choosing the length of the clip came next, normally a 30 second clip would have been too short but in this case it was too long. I know how the table have turned. This is where any other person would just short the clip. Well let me tell I am not any other person, so I listen to the clip about 3 times before I shorten it about ten seconds. For those 10 seconds I listen to the clip again shorten it one second at a time. Yes , yes I'm aware of how that sounds but I love the bit of the clip I used, it's my favorite part of the song. So judge away I'm very happy with my decision.  The Archer is one of the best song on 'Lover', just my opinion. Anyways but on track the sound clip is perfect, the picture fits the song... actually I'll save that for my next blog.

See y'all in the next one. I'll save you a seat 😉. 

Sincerely,

Makenna Jewels <3



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research; Gone girl

  Welcome back Gems. Today the research we've learned is being used to break down an opening sequence.  The movie being used is Gone Girl. Let's get into this.  The website I have decided to use is: http://www.artofthetitle.com/ What titles are displayed during the opening sequences? They display that it is a David Fincher film Based on the novel by Gillian Flynn, Written by Gillian Flynn and Scott Huff. They also mention the actors like Rosamund Pike, Ben Affleck, Neil Patrick Harris, Tyler Perry, Carrie Coon, Kim Dickens, Patrick Fugit, and Lisa Banes. Also, they mention the title “Gone What images are prioritized in the opening sequence? The opening sequence of Gone Girl is quite stylized and features a series of images of the lead characters Amy Eliott and Nick Punne as well as the various places where the movie is set, including their sprawling New York home, the streets of Missouri, and the natural surroundings. How does the film establish a feeling of the genre fro...

Planning; Script

Welcome back Gems. Today y'all are getting the first look into the movie AKA the script. You get to see the words on the page before it happens. So I hope you enjoy feel free to interpret and speculate until the movie is out. Location of scene (LOS): entrance of carnival Veronica: I ’m glad you agreed to come with me  Jessica:  well when someone’s spam calling you and banging at your door it’s kinda hard to say no Veronica:  well i’m sorry for wanting to help my friend, and you were upset, you know after you and- Jessica: yeah i know, i don’t wanna talk about it (2 wristbands please) Veronica:  well we all know she was in the wrong Jessica:  c'mon let’s go LOS: walking down the rides Veronica:  omg, do you remember our trio last year, what was that girls name again? Jessica :Amanda? Veronica:  YEAH, her mom called me the other day… Jessica:  oh, about what…? Veronica:  apparently she went missing, but i don’t buy it, she’s always been like th...

Research and Planning

 Welcome back Gems. Planning things about myself has never been easy, being honest about yourself them to other people. Welcome to how I start (or attempt to) this process.  I had no idea were to start.  Scrolling through hundreds of photos on both Google Photos and Snapchat as preparation.  So let's jump into it.  For pictures start from the beginning well the youngest with my siblings and I in purple. Then to the most recent picture of me in purple. And the last picture me on the first day of school.  Chronological order, a mini timeline of my life.  Videos are a lot harder than picture roughly 98% of my videos are of other people  so finding some to use was a challenge. Keep in mind these videos are featuring my sisters.  The videos are from my cruise to the Bahamas last September  as they are probably the only videos I am will to share with the general population. But hey, that's the point of planning.  Choosing songs was though...