Skip to main content

Production; 5 seconds of fame

Hello Gems. Welcome back to a glimpse or another production blog.  

Last blog we talk about filming; today is a little difference. I made my acting debut, yes yes I know last blog I was all 'I'll just be filming no screen time for me'. Oh how the tables have turned our original actor couldn't make filming so we had to go me plan B, which was me. So let's get into how I balanced on-screen with off-screen.

Once again we meet at Maddie's house for filming, however this was not our filming location, think of it as our trailers. So we walk down to Fort Lauderdale Beach which is when we discover there is construction being done. This though very surprising, does not interfere with our filming process. Scene 2 is where I'm on camera and since I can't be two places at once Maddie recorded Karina and I. I know what you're thinking 'problem solved'; well it's not. All three of us are going to be in this next shot and I know I make myself seem like a professional but in reality I'm far from it. This however is a momentary problem when decide using may bag and a chair can work as a makeshift phone stand. Crisis adverted. And that marks the end of my 5 second of fame (literally). 

Back to me behind the scenes. I'm once again filming as the story is progressing. A tracking shot and over the shoulder angle were used to once again grow the tension between the two. So as we are walking and I'm filming it's less awkward than I though. However that would not be on my mind for much longer. 

Well Gems as much as I would love to continue the blog is getting pretty lengthy. I know cliffhangers can be the worst so here's a little something to get you to the next blog: ice cream, sand and a pigeon.

Until then enjoy this picture of the beach. 



Sincerely, 

Makenna Jewels <3

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research; Gone girl

  Welcome back Gems. Today the research we've learned is being used to break down an opening sequence.  The movie being used is Gone Girl. Let's get into this.  The website I have decided to use is: http://www.artofthetitle.com/ What titles are displayed during the opening sequences? They display that it is a David Fincher film Based on the novel by Gillian Flynn, Written by Gillian Flynn and Scott Huff. They also mention the actors like Rosamund Pike, Ben Affleck, Neil Patrick Harris, Tyler Perry, Carrie Coon, Kim Dickens, Patrick Fugit, and Lisa Banes. Also, they mention the title “Gone What images are prioritized in the opening sequence? The opening sequence of Gone Girl is quite stylized and features a series of images of the lead characters Amy Eliott and Nick Punne as well as the various places where the movie is set, including their sprawling New York home, the streets of Missouri, and the natural surroundings. How does the film establish a feeling of the genre fro...

Planning; Script

Welcome back Gems. Today y'all are getting the first look into the movie AKA the script. You get to see the words on the page before it happens. So I hope you enjoy feel free to interpret and speculate until the movie is out. Location of scene (LOS): entrance of carnival Veronica: I ’m glad you agreed to come with me  Jessica:  well when someone’s spam calling you and banging at your door it’s kinda hard to say no Veronica:  well i’m sorry for wanting to help my friend, and you were upset, you know after you and- Jessica: yeah i know, i don’t wanna talk about it (2 wristbands please) Veronica:  well we all know she was in the wrong Jessica:  c'mon let’s go LOS: walking down the rides Veronica:  omg, do you remember our trio last year, what was that girls name again? Jessica :Amanda? Veronica:  YEAH, her mom called me the other day… Jessica:  oh, about what…? Veronica:  apparently she went missing, but i don’t buy it, she’s always been like th...

Planning; Title design

 Hey Gems. Honestly I can not wait fir you to see the final version of this design and how it will look with the film movie. But let's get into what I'm calling a preview.  The opening credits of the film will fade into the film and fade out, in the middle of the screen. Some credits, though few, will also fade into the scenes. For example, credits will fade in the left corner which would be the grass of the fair, or on the right of the top screen.  Working Title: The title of this film is likely to be “The Fun Fair”  It will be in a font called “courier” and it will be in all Caps: SOMETHING ALONG THIS STYLE. Titles will all fade into the film and also fade out of the film. All titles will disappear after 2 or 3 seconds but the main title will disappear in 4 or 5 seconds. Depending on the color of the scene I will be using black and white font. It will look something like this: FILMED BY: JENNIFER HERNANDEZ The first name of the person who holds the job will be 2 si...