Skip to main content

Back to the Intro

Hey Gems, let's do this one more time shall we. 

My name is Makenna Jewels Ricks born on December 20th 2007 making me a Sagittarius. And there's a few things you need to know: pretty in pink is a phrase I live by and music just might be my lifeline. 

From a very young age I have always loved to read, a trait I still posses. The feel of paper in my hands is an unbeatable feeling. It has always been amazing how some can create such a complex world with only ink, paper and their imagination. Emotional transportation to anywhere or any time I like. The Book Thief, Six of Crows and Legendborn are my top 3 favorite books of all time. I highly recommend. 

Baking is a passion of mine. I love desserts, the sugar rush not so much. Chocolate bars may or may not be my poison of choice. By hey we all have our things.

The way feelings an emotion can be felt and interpreted by others. Artists such as Taylor Swift and Conan Gray's songs make me feel like they're writing about my life. Like their songs, Dear reader and People  Watching. Because I am convinced it is about me. This is why I enjoyed the music video so much. Connecting words to visible images, love. So kinda like a movie (also one of my favorite songs)...

As Nicole Kidman once said, dazzling images on a silver screen. Hopefully I can deliver that same effect. Because the I feeling I get went watching a good movie might go unmatched. Visual and actions like a living book.  Well I guess y'all will have to stay tune cause we are in for a ride. 


That's all for now, keep shining Gems. And enjoy the new picture.

Sincerely, 

Makenna Jewels <3







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research; Gone girl

  Welcome back Gems. Today the research we've learned is being used to break down an opening sequence.  The movie being used is Gone Girl. Let's get into this.  The website I have decided to use is: http://www.artofthetitle.com/ What titles are displayed during the opening sequences? They display that it is a David Fincher film Based on the novel by Gillian Flynn, Written by Gillian Flynn and Scott Huff. They also mention the actors like Rosamund Pike, Ben Affleck, Neil Patrick Harris, Tyler Perry, Carrie Coon, Kim Dickens, Patrick Fugit, and Lisa Banes. Also, they mention the title “Gone What images are prioritized in the opening sequence? The opening sequence of Gone Girl is quite stylized and features a series of images of the lead characters Amy Eliott and Nick Punne as well as the various places where the movie is set, including their sprawling New York home, the streets of Missouri, and the natural surroundings. How does the film establish a feeling of the genre fro...

Planning; Script

Welcome back Gems. Today y'all are getting the first look into the movie AKA the script. You get to see the words on the page before it happens. So I hope you enjoy feel free to interpret and speculate until the movie is out. Location of scene (LOS): entrance of carnival Veronica: I ’m glad you agreed to come with me  Jessica:  well when someone’s spam calling you and banging at your door it’s kinda hard to say no Veronica:  well i’m sorry for wanting to help my friend, and you were upset, you know after you and- Jessica: yeah i know, i don’t wanna talk about it (2 wristbands please) Veronica:  well we all know she was in the wrong Jessica:  c'mon let’s go LOS: walking down the rides Veronica:  omg, do you remember our trio last year, what was that girls name again? Jessica :Amanda? Veronica:  YEAH, her mom called me the other day… Jessica:  oh, about what…? Veronica:  apparently she went missing, but i don’t buy it, she’s always been like th...

Research and Planning

 Welcome back Gems. Planning things about myself has never been easy, being honest about yourself them to other people. Welcome to how I start (or attempt to) this process.  I had no idea were to start.  Scrolling through hundreds of photos on both Google Photos and Snapchat as preparation.  So let's jump into it.  For pictures start from the beginning well the youngest with my siblings and I in purple. Then to the most recent picture of me in purple. And the last picture me on the first day of school.  Chronological order, a mini timeline of my life.  Videos are a lot harder than picture roughly 98% of my videos are of other people  so finding some to use was a challenge. Keep in mind these videos are featuring my sisters.  The videos are from my cruise to the Bahamas last September  as they are probably the only videos I am will to share with the general population. But hey, that's the point of planning.  Choosing songs was though...